PES League Road to Cardiff 2016/2017(PES League) is an online and offline multi-player football league based on KONAMI'S Pro Evolution Soccer video games series and themed around the Union of European Football Associations (“UEFA”) Champions League. KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT B.V., (hereinafter the “Promoter”), will administer the PES League generally, as well as individual online/offline events relating to Pro Evolution Soccer and culminating in National Finals, Regional Finals and PES World Final – each as described herein (generally being known as “The Road to Cardiff”), together the “Tournament”. The Tournament is void where prohibited by law.
When played online the Tournament is accessible via Sony PlayStation 3 and Sony PlayStation 4, although all finals (National, Regional and World) of the Tournament will be played solely on Sony PlayStation 4.
Players will participate in online and/or offline events, to win prizes and/or progress through the Tournament to National Finals, Regional Finals and the PES World Final. Ultimately one (1) player will win the PES World Final Prize.
Customer service for the Tournament will be available only in the English language.
- All members of the public who are at least sixteen (16) years of age may play in the Tournament by registering via www.pesleague.com (the “PES Website”) using a PlayStation Network ID and valid email address. Players who are Minors (as defined below) must meet the requirements set out in “Minors” below.
- A dedicated PES League mode has been integrated into the PES 2017 video game, enabling players to compete in PES League matches directly through such a mode. For the avoidance of doubt, all players in the Tournament must register via the PES Website, and any matches played and points accumulated prior to any such registration, will not be counted for the purposes of the Tournament.
The following people are ineligible to enter the Tournament:
- (a) employees of the Promoter, UEFA, Sony, Valve Corporation, Jellymedia Ltd (the PES Website administrator), any regional sponsor of the Tournament (“Sponsor”) or any entity involved in the promotion of the Tournament (collectively, the “Tournament Entities”);
- (b) employees of parent and affiliate companies of those stated in (a) above; and
- (c) the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of persons described in (a) and (b) above.
- To the extent that the law of the jurisdiction in which a player is a resident prevents the Promoter from administering the Tournament or any prize competition in that jurisdiction, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion, entry by such a player will be deemed void.
- For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, a “Minor” is any person who has not reached the age of majority within their home state/country. Note that Sony, as owner and operator of PlayStation Network, may, in its discretion, restrict child access to the Tournament by the use of master accounts (for users aged 18+) and parent-approved Youth sub-accounts (a ‘Youth’ sub-account is age 13-17).
Parental consent to enter:
Only Minors who are aged sixteen (16) or older and have obtained parental/legal guardian’s consent to enter will be eligible to enter. The parent or legal guardian of a player who is a Minor must accept these Terms and Conditions on the Minor’s behalf. The Promoter may require written proof of parental/guardian consent at any stage. Where the relevant prize will involve attending an offline tournament, the Minor must be accompanied by his/her parent or guardian.
- By registering to play the Tournament a player agrees to these PES League Terms and Conditions, the PES League Road to Cardiff 2016/17 Rules and Regulations (League Rules) which apply at all stages of the Tournament, and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding.
- The Tournament participating nations and regions and their schedules will be notified via PES Website.
- The National Qualifiers and National Finals will take the form of either online or offline events in country/area where you select at registration process. A total 32 players from the National Qualifiers in Europe will be able to advance to the Europe Regional Final, for 16 players to the Americas Regional Final, and for 10 players to the Asia Regional Final.
The Regional Finals for Europe, Americas and Asia will take the form of offline events in city (ies) in each region. And there is one additional online slot from the Rest of the World. A total of 15 players, including 8 players from Europe region, 4 players from Americas region, 2 people from Asia region, and one player from the Rest of the World will be qualified for the PES World Final.
The Tournament participating nations and regions and their schedules will be notified via PES Website.
- The PES World Final will take a place at Cardiff, Wales on June 1 and/or 2, 2017. A total of 16 players, including 15 qualified players from the Regional Finals and 1 additional guest, will compete for a honor of being a PES 2017 World Champion along with prizes and cash prizes. The Promoter reserves the right to change the date and location of the PES World Final upon reasonable notice and is not responsible for any player’s inability to attend on the selected date. The PES World Final will be played solely on Sony PlayStation 4, even if a player has qualified using PlayStation 3. The Promoter shall make available all equipment required to play in the PES World Final (including PlayStation 4, monitors and controllers).
- The Promoter shall notify each qualifier of an offline event in writing (by email to the email address provided by the player at registration process) within approximately seventy-two (72) hours of qualifying. The Promoter shall, at the same time, seek written confirmation from the qualifier of his/her attendance at the offline event, and, if relevant, parental consent (see “Minors” above). In addition, each qualifier will be required, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to sign and return to the Promoter an affirmation of eligibility and availability, a liability and publicity release, and a consent to a background check, all as a condition of participation in an off line event. If a qualifier is a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign the required document(s) on behalf of the Minor. Where a qualifier fails to provide such written confirmation, parental consent (if relevant) and/or signed release within seven (7) days after notification, the Promoter shall be entitled to award the qualification place to another player.
- The Promoter may administer offline events in conjunction with local partners. The Promoter and/or local partner shall make available all equipment required to play in offline events (including PlayStation 4, monitors and controllers).
- Each Regional Final qualifier and each PES World Final qualifier will receive the travel and accommodation package outlined in the section entitled “Transport, Accommodation, Refreshments etc” below for one (1) person (save where a Regional Final or PES World Final qualifier is a Minor, in which case the Promoter will upgrade the prize package to include travel and accommodation for the Minor’s parent or guardian as well).
- PES World Final Prize. There will be one (1) winner and (2) two runners up.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no substitution will be made, except that Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to award a prize or prize component for one of comparable or greater value if the designated prize or prize component should become unavailable for any reason. Each winner will be responsible for any applicable taxes or fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Winner may be required to provide the Promoter with information required for tax reporting purposes.
- The Winner and each runner-up of the PES World Final may be required to make themselves available for any post-event awards ceremonies, interviews, and such promotional activities reasonably requested by the Promoter, except where prohibited by applicable law. The Promoter may perform a background check on the Winner and/or each runner-up. If the Promoter determines, in its discretion, that the background check reveals that the Winner and/or runner-up(s) would not be an appropriate brand ambassador for the Promoter, then , entry by such Winner and/or each runner-up will be deemed void. The Promoter reserves the right to reallocate any prizes due to be awarded where such player fails to attend on time.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the relevant winner for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
- Details of the prize winners’ first name, state and country will be available for the promotion of PES League Tournament, except where prohibited by applicable law.
- No transport, accommodation or refreshment package is provided in respect of any National offline qualifying tournaments, or National Finals.
Players in the Regional Finals and the PES World Final (each a “Finalist” for the purposes of this section) shall receive the following:
Either: (as selected in the Promoter’s discretion)
Economy return (roundtrip) flight on a carrier of the Promoter’s choice for the Finalist* to/from the nearest major airport to the Finalist’s home town and the major airport serving the location of the Regional Final or PES World Final, including taxes;
Standard Class return (roundtrip) train tickets for the Finalist* to/from the location of the Regional Final or PES World Final, including taxes.
Two (2) nights’ accommodation for the Finalist* at a three (3)-star hotel selected in Promoter’s discretion (three (3) nights’ accommodation will be provided if the Regional Final or PES World Final takes place over two (2) days). The hotel accommodation shall be a standard single* room.
Transport between airport/train station and hotel and between hotel and the Regional Final or PES World Final venue.
Drinks and refreshments will be available at the Regional Final and PES World Final venues throughout the duration of play.
*If a Finalist is a Minor as of the first date of the Regional Finals or the PES World Final he/she must be accompanied by his/her guardian for the event(s) and in such circumstances, the Promoter shall meet the cost of an additional train/plane ticket for the parent/guardian, on the same itinerary, and the accommodation shall include twin beds in one (1) room.
- Any costs incurred that are not specifically included above (e.g., taxes, ground transportation to/from player’s home, meals, drinks, hotel incidentals, telephone charges, room service, gratuities, etc.) will be at the Finalist’s own expense (or, if accompanied by a parent/guardian, at the parent’s/guardian’s own expense). The Promoter is not responsible for lost or stolen travel tickets or vouchers, which will not be replaced.
- Each Finalist (and parent/guardian if relevant) is responsible for ensuring he/she has a valid passport and any necessary visas or other documentation required to comply with international travel and/or immigration regulations.
- By registering to play the Tournament each player agrees and consents that the Promoter and any person authorised by the Promoter may use his/her gamer tag, nickname or alias for use , in “goal of the month” sections of the PES Website, to display other achievements within the Tournament via www.pesleague.com and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, in any promotion of the Tournament, including (without limitation) within press releases and on social media associated with the Tournament. Each player acknowledge that the Tournament is publicly accessible, and as such their gamertag, together with any photo uploaded to their profile, will also be publicly accessible.
- In the event that a player progresses to any National or Regional Final, the PES World Final or participates in any offline events where filming or photography takes place (or if a player uploads his/her photo to appear alongside his/her gamer tag, nickname or alias), that player agrees and consents that the Promoter and any person authorised by the Promoter may use the player’s name, gamer tag, nickname or alias, city, state, country, image or likeness, biographical information and/or prize information in connection with the Tournament for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised including (without limitation) the Internet and without further payment, permission or other consideration except where prohibited by applicable law. Where applicable law prohibits the use of a player’s information as set out above, the liability of the Promoter or any other person connected with the organisation of the Tournament shall be limited to takedown of such player’s information on sites controlled by them within a reasonable period after being made aware of such prohibition.
- At any time during the Tournament, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a player from further competition or withhold a prize if the Promoter determines (in its sole discretion, acting reasonably) that the player has violated these Terms and Conditions, the League Rules or has acted in any manner that is contrary to the operation of this Tournament. Such behaviour includes but is not limited to any type of cheating, perceived cheating, misuse of drugs or alcohol at offline events, or distracting or otherwise interfering with the gameplay of other players, in each case as determined by the Promoter acting in its sole discretion.
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects. No correspondence will be entered into.
NATIONAL QUALIFIERS AND NATIONAL FINALS
PES WORLD FINAL
Transport, Accommodation, Refreshments etc.
Players in any offline tournaments (including National offline qualifiers, National Finals and/or Regional Finals) may be subject to additional rules imposed by the regional sub-promoters organising the event and/or the venue owner.
Health and Welfare
By entering into the Tournament, each player warrants and represents that they are in good health, so far as is required for gameplay, and that they know of no medical reason why participation in the Tournament may be injurious to their health or welfare.
Release & Limitation of Liability
Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from the Tournament Entities’ negligence or in respect of fraud by the Tournament Entities and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Tournament Entities exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising directly or indirectly from a player’s participation in the Tournament or receipt or use of any prize; any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to, or unauthorized intervention in, the National, Regional or PES World Final; technical or printing errors or errors in the administration of the Tournament; prize details beyond the reasonable control of the Tournament Entities; lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or email; delays or cancellations by travel suppliers; and any act or default of any third party supplier. In any cause of action brought by a player, the Tournament Entities’ liability will be limited to the actual out-of-pocket costs associated with the player’s participation in the Tournament, and in no event will the Tournament Entities be liable for attorneys’ fees.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any mandatory statutory consumer rights under applicable law. The Tournament Entities do not exclude or limit in any way their liability to a player where it would be unlawful to do so.
All Rights Reserved
Each player agrees that they shall not act in any way which suggests a commercial relationship between the player and any of the following: the Promoter, UEFA, Sponsors (if any) or any person involved in the promotion of this Tournament. Player shall not use or permit any other person to use any intellectual property rights of the Promoter or UEFA in any way without the prior written consent of the relevant rights owner.
These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by participating, each player agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Tournament or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Tournament is impaired in any way for any reason, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify and/or cancel the Tournament. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions or the League Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any player, a player may be required to provide identification sufficient to confirm his or her identity. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
Promoter: KONAMI Digital Entertainment B.V. of 14-16 Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1BN.